I’m back in the yard, puttering around. There have been a few changes inside the house since I last wrote, but maybe I’ll tell you about them later. I just logged on today to make a little list of the plants in my herb garden. Perhaps when I’m done mulching it, I’ll take pretty photos of my own and share them with an update of this post:
- Pennyroyal – poisonous but supposedly deters fleas. Therefore, welcome in my garden.
- Bloody Dock – I love this plant’s leaves. Gorgeous.
- English Thyme
- Lavender – lots of it!
- Bee Balm – beautiful flowers and I like the leaves in my ice water.
- Lovage – looking forward to subbing this for celery this year and using it in soups.
- Toothache – I had never heard of this before I saw it at my favorite herb grower’s stand in the farmer’s market. Had to try it out. I can already report that the leaves do indeed have an analgesic affect.
- Borage – I want to grow this for its beautiful flowers. Last year, unfortunately, I only planted one of these guys and Maverick peed on it and peed on it until he killed it. This year I planted two and have rearranged things to give them a little protection from my dog’s attentions.
- Lemon Balm
My older dog seems to really like lying among the herbs – but he ignores the catmin.