I got an email this week from my rock-star mortgage broker/203(k) loan specialist, Don, telling me that not only were we on track to close on September 14, but I am the valedictorian of home buyers.*
*not his actual words
Woot! On to more pressing things.
My fairy godmother (don’t you have one of those?) tells me Elephant Culo needs shutters. I think it used to have shutters, and I’m not opposed to going back to shutter land. But…
- What color?
- Can you put shutters on the second floor windows that are gabled? Will that look strange?
I am trying to decide what color I want to pain the front door. I am a big fan of bright, primary-colored front doors. You can’t go wrong with a red door, but yellow does have a lot of sunny charm. And then there is a bright royal blue. Any thoughts on door colors? The front door faces south-southeast, so it will get a lot of light. It’s currently black. Weigh in, folks.
I went to the liquor store earlier this week and picked up some boxes. I pack slowly and try to weed stuff out as I go. It’s getting me reflecting on all the moves I’ve done – though, technically, some of these were as a kid and my mom did all the hard work. But just for fun:
I make my fantastic debut in Sacramento, CA, and from there move to:
- Valencia, CA.
- Yorba Linda, CA.
- Plainsboro, NJ.
- Princeton Jct., NC.
- Clemson, SC. (Two dorm rooms in the f*cking shoeboxes in two semesters, but just one mailing address, so I think that might count as just one.)
- State College, PA. (West Beaver Ave. – Three addresses in three years at Penn State)
- State College, PA (Atherton St. – ugh, the Graduate)
- State College, PA (College Avenue above Mr. Charles – best college apartment ever)
- Lubbock, TX.
- Carrboro, NC. (This is where the list really gets wacky)
- Chapel Hill, NC.
- Cary, N.C. (Ugh)
- Raleigh, NC. (Moving back in with mom before law school – fun times.)
- Durham, NC (Old West Durham)
- Durham ,NC (Burch Ave.)
- Durham, NC (Green St.)
- Raleigh, NC (current adorable bungalow) (3+ years)
- Elephant Culo.
Really looking forward to staying put for a while now! Although, if I’m anything like my mom, and we know I am, I’ll get the whole house decorated and fixed up, and then I’ll decide to move. 🙂